paperwork & to-do list
Forms to be submitted
- Signature page of PHS Speech and Debate Team Handbook. (Make sure you read it thoroughly, especially your financial obligations.) Use this form to complete your Handbook Code of Conduct Agreement.
- Signature Page of PHS Field Trip Rules.
- PHS Medical Forms. (Make sure you submit this to the Nurse's Office. Ms. Li doesn't take this form due to privacy concerns.)
- Annual Membership Fee: A check of $225 to Princeton Speech and Debate. (Zelle, PayPal and Venmo accepted)
- Novices only: Lifetime NSDA Membership Fee: a check of $20 payable to Princeton Speech and Debate. (Zelle, PayPal and Venmo accepted)
Member to-do list
- Make sure you have signed up to join the team officially by clicking on the logo on the first page. If you don't sign up here, you won't get the team memos and tournament info from Ms. Li.
- Sign up for the Facebook Group.
- Download Slack from the App Store. You will receive an invite to join the team. This is how the coaches communicate with you.
- Help your parents join the Facebook PHS Speech and Debate Parents Forum.
- Share your prep in the Princeton Prep Folder - contact the captains about how to share preps.
- Go to www.tabroom.com and create an account. Make sure to email Ms. Li the email you used so that she can verify you are linked with PHS.
- Help your parents create an account on Tabroom as well as help them write a Judge's Paradigm. Please do not write it FOR them! Ask them to be honest with their preferences. If they don't like spreading (fast talking), then say so. If they hold liberal or conservative view and believe it may influence their judgements, say so.
- Attend practices regularly. Remember attendance counts as commitments! If you have a conflict, make sure to email Ms. Li 24 hours ahead of time so that you can be excused.
- Attend online coaching sessions regularly.